Monday, January 31, 2011

Scones=Family

You may be wondering how scones equals my family well I will tell you but first this:




The other day my roommates and I were craving some delicious scones so I went to the
masters for a recipe and ended up with some frozen rolls and the the advice to "roll them out really thin. The thinner, the bigger." Thanks Grandpa Baird for those words of wisdom. :) We took his advice and much to our satisfaction, we ended up with some beautiful looking scones that warmed our bellies.

Ok, now on to the explanation of how scones started this family of mine...

It begins with my father, Steve, in college.  He moves into a new singles ward and gets assigned to home teach Shelly Baird.  On one of his visits, Shelly's mom peeks her head in and notices the nice looking young man and begins plotting, or should I say "kneading."  By the time the lesson was finished, the smell of homemade scones was wafting from the kitchen.  The next part went a little something like this...


Well, dad stayed for dinner, and then he stayed forever. And then the world got this


and this


How grateful the world is for those scones.


Bon Appetit!


No comments:

Post a Comment